This process can take 3 to 6 months. We will help you through each phase of the application process.
As a private agency we offer more assistance to foster parents like you.
- We are readily available to respond to crisis situations 24 hours a day.
- We provide individual case management and case support for each child placed in your home.
- We are able to assist you in identifying appropriate solutions, accessing services for the child, and collaboratively working with Social Workers and other community partners.
Anyone who is single, married, or co-parenting can become a foster parent.
Has a positive attitude and can demonstrate acceptance of the child in their care.
Has the ability to work collaboratively with Fostering Solutions staff, Social Workers, and other community providers to ensure appropriate services for the child.
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- Be able to pass a Department of Children, Youth, and Families criminal background check.
- Have a regular source of income. Income requirements include the following:
Number of people in home: Gross Annual Needs Standard:
- 1 $16,176
- 2 $20,472
- 3 $25,272
- 4 $29,820
- 5 $34,368
- 6 $38,916
- 7 $44,988
- 8 $49,788
- 9 $54,588
- 10 or more $59,388
- Complete an application which includes providing information for all of the individuals who will be living in the potential foster home.
- Attend required trainings to become a foster parent.
- Have daycare services established for potential foster child if the foster parent or foster parents work outside of the home.
Foster parents will receive a monthly tax-free reimbursement from Fostering Solutions for each foster child/children in their home. The amount of the reimbursement depends on the needs of the child.
Foster parent will also receive an additional mileage reimbursement for transporting the child to and from appointments and school.
Yes. A relative of a child in foster care can go through the same process as a non-relative foster parent.
Yes you can! If you would like to be just a foster home for children who need respite services we can accommodate you. Please let our licensor know.
Yes you can! If you are currently a licensed foster home with another agency you can transfer your license to Fostering Solutions. If you would like to do this the transfer process can take up to approximately 45 days.